Posted by Ali
Famous Last Words:
- Pardon me, sir. I did not do it on purpose. - Queen Marie Antoinette after she accidentally stepped on the foot of her executioner as she went to the guillotine.
- I can’t sleep. - J. M. Barrie, author of Peter Pan
- I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis. - Humphrey Bogart
- I am about to — or I am going to — die: either expression is correct. - Dominique Bouhours, famous French grammarian
- I live! - Roman Emperor, as he was being murdered by his own soldiers.
- Dammit…Don’t you dare ask God to help me. - Joan Crawford to her housekeeper who began to pray aloud.
- I am perplexed. Satan Get Out. - Aleister Crowley – famous occultist.
- Now why did I do that? - General William Erskine, after he jumped from a window in Lisbon, Portugal in 1813.
- Hey, fellas! How about this for a headline for tomorrow’s paper? ‘French Fries’! - James French, a convicted murderer, was sentenced to the electric chair. He shouted these words to members of the press who were to witness his execution
- Bugger Bognor. - King George V whose physician had suggested that he relax at his seaside palace in Bognor Regis.
- It’s stopped. - Joseph Henry Green, upon checking his own pulse
- LSD, 100 micrograms I.M. - Aldous Huxley (Author) to his wife. She obliged and he was injected twice before his death.
- You have won, O Galilean. - Emperor Julian, having attempted to reverse the official endorsement of Christianity by the Roman Empire.
- No, you certainly can’t. - John F. Kennedy in reply to Nellie Connally, wife of Governor John Connelly, commenting “You certainly can’t say that the people of Dallas haven’t given you a nice welcome, Mr. President.
- I feel ill. Call the doctors. - Mao Zedong (Chairman of China)
- Tomorrow, I shall no longer be here. - Nostradamus
- Hurry up, you Hoosier bastard, I could kill ten men while you’re fooling around! - Carl Panzram, serial killer, shortly before he was executed by hanging.
- Put out the bloody cigarette!! - Saki, to a fellow officer while in a trench during World War One, for fear the smoke would give away their positions. He was then shot by a German sniper who had heard the remark.
- Please don’t let me fall. - Mary Surratt, before being hanged for her part in the conspiracy to assassinate President Lincoln. She was the first woman executed by the United States federal government.
- Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies. - Voltaire when asked by a priest to renounce Satan.
No, but you forgot the best one
Either this wallpaper goes, or I do- Oscar Wilde, dying in an unfortunately papered hotel room
Oh my, Voltaire. I laughed at that one, too.
Nostradamus oh my god
But the Joseph Henry Green one, oh my god.
do you ever get weirded out by the fact that everyone around you is constantly within their own mind and thinking a million secret thoughts and battling internal struggles just like you and that you’re not the only one who thinks these things and that the people around you aren’t just faces meant to fill up your life but they’re actually really deep people who have a lot more to them than you ever actually even think about
reasons i want to look GOOD
- for myself
- for myself
- to plant the seed of envy in other bitch’s hearts
- for myself
The truth is that I’m genuinely a shy, socially awkward, introverted person. At a big party, I’m like Bambie in the headlights.I feel a pressure when I’m meeting new people because I’m aware of their expectations.
whenever i feel sad i just imagine harry/ginny in a world where voldemort didnt exist like
- harry and ginny and ron all growing up together, playing on the same little league quidditch team and racing each other around the little garden behind the potters’ house
- harry writing a bored and lonely ginny letters his whole first year at hogwarts, filled with stupid eleven-year-old-boy details like “last night the pudding was cold” and “the castle is very grey”
- harry encouraging ginny to try out for the quidditch team her second year and ignoring the other boys who laughed at a girl trying out for quidditch, harry and ron laughing so hard their sides hurt when ginny outflew each and every one of them
- harry and ginny and hermione and ron all home at the potters’ for christmas holidays, decorating the tree and eating all of sirius’s freshly made ginger cookies
- harry continuing to be like a brother for ginny as they grew up and got older, shrugging off seamus’s teasing about “harry and ginny sitting in a tree” with a patient shrug of his shoulders and a “she’s like my sister, seamus, i’ve known her since forever”
- harry realizing sometiime around fifth year that ginny was not, in fact, like his sister, and that holy shit holy shit he better not let ron find out about this
- harry and ginny starting to make stupid excuses to be alone together, to clear up the dishes after dinner, to go feed the chickens, (much to the hidden glee of remus and hermione who, of course, had known all along)
- ginny finally getting exasperated with all this dancing around and kissing harry in the middle of weasley-potter game night, making him blush and knock his chess pieces all over the board (much to everyone else’s amusement)
- james and lily learning to make quite a lot of noise every time they entered a room those two were in so ginny had time to fix her shirt and harry could adjust his glasses
- ginny and harry having the time they ought to have to enjoy the relationship they were meant to have <3
4. You know the differences between ice cream toppings.
This is my cat Charlie, she is fat and she likes to sit like this!
do people wear glasses during sex or is it just like you’re blind and everthing’s a surprise
you ask the real questions
Beyond this being really cool, I just gotta say…
HOLY SHIT STAPLES DID SOMETHING THAT POSITIVELY AFFECTS THE UNIVERSE?!?
STAPLES OF ALL THE COMPANIES
This is awesome.
AT MY BROTHER’S SCHOOL BAND SHOWCASE THERE WAS A CONTEST AND THE WINNER GOT TO CONDUCT THE BAND WITH THE SONG OF THEIR CHOICE AND THE GUY WHO WON CHOSE THE STAR TREK THEME SONG AND BEFORE HE STARTED CONDUCTING HE TURNED TO THE AUDIENCE AND DRAMATICALLY RIPPED OFF HIS SHIRT AND HE WAS WEARING A FUCKING STARFLEET UNIFORM UNDERNEATH IM DYING